Home relocation makes the best of people have goose bumps. People fret about it for weeks in advance. Suddenly, the excitement of moving to a new place and exploring a new city takes a back seat and you are bogged down with the uphill task of packing household items, transporting them to the new city and unpacking there all over again! Relocating to another city should be an exciting and memorable event for you and not a worrisome period. Here are some pointers to make home relocation easier and hassle free for you:
- Hire the right type of movers and packers agency and the whole experience can be smooth and stress free. Professional packers and movers come to your house and do everything for you including unpacking the boxes at your next destination. Is this not convenient and hassle free?
- Get the right deal with the right movers packers company. There are many players in the market – small and big. They are there to make money. So negotiate properly and strike a good deal
- Make sure the agency and the people involved are trustworthy. Do not just rely on here say and word of mouth. Go online, check reviews and talk to people. You will be trusting the agency with most of your household possessions. You do not want to be caught up in a racket of theft and robbery.
- When the movers come to your house to pack, please be around to supervise the activity. Make sure they handle the goods properly. Most good agencies have reliable workers and they are very meticulous in terms of handling goods.
- One more thing to make your relocation hassle free is insurance. Theft, robbery, fire, accidents are not a new phenomenon on Indian roads. Just the way you value your life and have a life insurance, please value your possessions and get them insured too
- It is not just about packing and moving out, there are other things which need to be done before you shift base completely. Have you wondered how you will get your mails there? Well, you need to contact local government authorities and notify them about your move and give them a forwarding address.
- Notification to credit card companies and phone company is equally important so that bills can be forwarded appropriately. Remember, your new address is going to be your next identity!
- Pay off all debts in terms of electricity bills, maintenance charges, water bills etc. so that you do not land in trouble with the authorities.
- Security of goods during transportation from one city to another is crucial. First step is to insure them and the next step is to make sure that the movement of goods is traceable online or at least via phone call to the concerned moving agency. Raise a red flag if the moving company fails to provide you a tracking number or accessibility to the status of your move.
- Lastly, make sure “unpacking the boxes” is part of the deal. You do not want to be surrounded by big boxes in your new house.
RelocateXP™ is a step in this direction. Starting with the service of search-compare-book movers and packers, it is aiming to evolve into an end-to-end relocation service provider – home relocation might actually just become easier!